Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Still life


I was never very good at drawing in school. And my art teacher could hardly be said to have enoucoraged me along the way. I think that's part of the reason that I love photography, it allows people who can't pait to capture things none the less. With photoshop you have a whole plethora of tools available to you which allow you to get an image to look the way you imagined it. For photojournalism those options are naturally limited, you want to represent things in as natural a way as you can, given the limitations of the medium. However for other compositions you're free to do what you want to a picture to get it to look how you want, and this is one example of that from me recently. Not entirely sure about the effect, but it's intersting so I thought I'd post it none the less!

No comments: